A Building Survey and Photographic Record was undertaken of a former woollen spinning mill at New Mill, West Yorkshire. The original Mill dated to 1834. Historical sources noted the Mill was initially powered by a waterwheel and then by a steam engine in 1856. The Mill was damaged by a fire in 1861 and rebuilt as a four storey Mill. A large engine house was constructed in the early twentieth century, which removed evidence of the earlier power systems. The Survey noted remains of external power drives and three phases of internal rope drives.